Normally a lady never reveals her age… but then, I am what I am. And I am heading towards to end of the third decade of my life. Before I have some kind of meltdown or existential crisis, I decided to make myself a little list. I love lists. They make me happy. And the other day I was feeling mighty overwhelmed and needed to find some happy place in my mind. So I took out one of my new coloured pens, I chose the toffee colour, and let my mind wander and dream.
I have written here before about my goals, dreams and aspirations. Just like before, I believe that writing them down and sharing them help to cement those dreams into real and potential goals. In some ways, sharing these goals on my blog makes me feel more accountable to achieve them. Not that you are all sat there drumming your fingers on the table waiting for me to succeed (or are you?).
By sharing one of my goals, setting up an online vintage shop, I kind of had that niggling feeling at the back of my mind that not only would I let myself down if I didn’t try it, but that other’s would know that I didn’t try either.
So this time I am sharing some ‘things I would like to do before I turn 30 years old’.
open an online vintage shop(done)
- learn to drive
- move in with the boyf
- host a cocktail party
- develop accessories for The Rosalilium Shop
- attend some networking events
- go to the Ballet
- make a photo gallery in my home
- write my Burma series on Rosalilium
- learn to crochet a granny square
- visit one new place (village, town or city) a month
- read more books
- learn yoga
- take a road-trip with the boyf
- make fresh homemade lemonade
- buy Polaroid film and take photos
- write an article for a magazine
- celebrate my Master’s graduation in style
- take an art/craft day class
- enjoy my hammock
- visit Canada
- go on a camping trip
- reupholster the ottoman
- take photobooth photos with the boyf
- improve my photography
- visit my Grandparent’s and learn their life histories
- meet up with old friends
- apply for the Churchill travel fund
- design a range of greetings cards
- make more homemade booze
I may or may not achieve them all, but it will be fun to try.
Are you a list-fanatic? Do you have some ‘things you would like to do/achieve’ this year? Please share!