I was paid one of the nicest compliments on Friday. The lovely A Thrifty Mrs tweeted this picture from Pinterest saying these words reminded her of me. How freaking cool is that?! It’s always nice to hear what other people think of you, but it’s evener nicer when you haven’t thought of yourself in that way. But I do see myself here. I am definitely a dreamer but I do think everything is worth a try. And I do spend my whole like looking for the possibility in everything everywhere. I truly believe the world can be a better place (as cheesy as that might sounds).
So now it is catch-up time. You may have noticed a few changes here on Rosalilium. I had a quick spruce up and changed the header and the sidebar for a bit of a different look. My favourite colour is purple and I wanted a colour scheme that was softer. I have added some of my favourite categories in the sidebar as cute little buttons, including a Southeast Asia one. I keep promising and I do mean it, I WILL finish my Burma travel posts. It’s just a matter of trawling through my photo archive and my travel journal.
This hot weather has been making me hanker for Southeast Asia again. I miss it so much. I don’t know what it is, but I just feel more like myself there. If I could go back tomorrow I would be packing my bags in an instant. *prays for a lottery win*
For now I shall make do with sunny Birmingham, and I must say it ain’t too shabby. I have lots to share with you about Birmingham and I’m hoping it will inspire non-Birmingham folk to come visit this awesome city and for Birmingham dwellers to make the most of it.
Now, if you’ve missed it here is a quick catch-up on the latest posts on Rosalilium plus some cool links from around the tinterweb.
- Half Year Resolutions
- Blogging: 5 Tips for a Better Blog
- #FutureFoodies – Birmingham Food Fair
- A Quick Camping Trip
- Outfit: Joules Skirt/Dress
- Blogging: How to Get More Comments on Your Blog
- Recipe: Baked Vanilla and Cinnamon French Toast
- Welcome to Birmingham!
- Outfit: Blue and White Floral Dress
- An Idea – Blogger Bootsale
- Blog Chat: Credit Etiquette
- Birmingham: Thai Edge Restaurant
- July Awesomeness
- Birmingham Food Festival
- Birmingham Malmaison Brunch (again)
elsewhere on the internet:
- my homemade limeade on The High Tea Cast
- London Hampstead Heath Ladies Pond on Liberty London Girl
- Inspiring Fitness Results on Delightfully Tacky
- Black and White Outfit on Wish Wish Wish
- A Garden Oasis on Lobster & Swan
- Stunning Photos from Edinburgh on For The Easily Distracted …
- sunshine and heat
- sleeping under just a sheet
- mutton tikka – a new discovery in Birmingham
- dreaming of a new tattoo to cover my ‘mistake’
- showing my legs off in the sunshine
- making new blogging friends
Happy Monday y’all! Hope you’re having a good’un.
image credit: unknown (any ideas?)