This dish is one of my signature pieces. Throughout university I would whisk up this dish for every Potluck dinner I went to and for every visitor I had. In fact, this dish has a bit of reputation amongst my friends who often request I make them my Sausage Pasta. Why? You might wonder. A bit of pasta, a bit of sausage, what is so special about that? Well, I can reveal my secret recipe for you now to try and find out what all the raving is really about.
Penne Pasta, cooked to al dente.
Sweet Chilli Sauce
Cream (Double is best)
1. Slice through the skins of the sausages and remove.
2. Fry sausage meat on a high heat until cooked through, making sure to crumble as you stir.
3. Create a space in the centre of the frying pan and add the finely chopped/crushed garlic. Stir for a minute or two before combining with meat.
4. Add generous splashes of soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce. Stir well.
5. Add at least a glass of white wine. Allow to simmer until sauce has reduced.
6. Reduce heat, add the tub of cream and gentle combine with mixture. Allow to heat through.
7. Taste and adjust seasoning to your preference.
8. Stir in the pasta and serve immediately.
(I served mine on a bed of fresh spinach in a bid to add some nutrition to my meal. The boyf on the other hand was having none of that nonsense. I don’t blame him.)
The key to this dish to add or reduce the flavours to suit. I never measure, nor remember my exact measurements and so the joy comes with experiencing a slightly different taste every time. On occasions I have also been known to add a squeeze of lemon or lime or maybe a touch of mustard. It is entirely up to you. But do let me know how the dish evolves for you!
This is a warming, comforting, delicious meal that requires you to leave your calorie-counting at the door. Enjoy!